Dynamic Numbers - Keyword Attribution
Regarding keyword attribution in the AVANSER Portal, the Ad URLs have to be manually tagged in order to retrieve this data. Please see below for more information:
In order for the session details of the caller to be picked up by the AVANSER system, you must manually tag your Ad URLs. This is done using the "utm_x" parameter. Urchin Tracking Module parameters are five variants of URL tags used by digital marketing platforms to track the effectiveness of online marketing initiatives across different traffic sources and media. They were introduced by Google Analytics' predecessor Urchin and, consequently, are used natively by Google Analytics. They have as a result become a standard across the digital marketing industry.
There are five UTM parameters:
- utm_source – Identifies the source of the traffic such as: search engine, referring website or other media.
- e.g: utm_source=google, utm_source=facebook, utm_source=email.
- utm_medium – Identifies the medium the link was clicked through such as: paid advertising, SEO or other channel.
- e.g: utm_medium=cpc, utm_medium=referral, utm_medium=signature.
- utm_campaign – Identifies the strategic campaign (e.g. product launch, new feature, partnership, etc.) or specific promotion (e.g. a sale, a giveaway, etc.).
- e.g: utm_campaign=ebook-launch-2014-may-7, 24h-fast-plumbing, winter-range-edm.
- utm_term – Identifies the keywords that triggered the ad.
- e.g: utm_term=call-tracking, utm_term=business-internet-plan, utm_term=phone-system.
- utm_content – Identifies the content of the specific ad. Less commonly used, is mainly for A/B testing or reporting on content-targeted ads.
- e.g: utm_content=cta-top-banner, utm_content=homepage-video, utm_content=contact-location-map.
In order to capture the keywords for the call, clients can manually tag their Ad Final URLs as explained above. However, there is a quicker way to achieve this by using a feature called "Keyword Insertion". This parameter dynamically inserts the keyword that was entered by the visitor into the Ad URL, eliminating the need for manual tagging. More info can be found here: https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/6371157
Dynamic Numbers: Service Summary
AVANSER Dynamic Numbers is a service designed to replace the Phone Numbers in your Website with an AVANSER Tracking Number, this process does not change the source code of your Website, but, instead, process your Website when is displayed to ...
Dynamic Numbers: Installing jQuery - Required by AVANSER Tag Manager
Installing jQuery Library is not required if you are using Dynamic Numbers' Automated Number Replacement or you are not using AVANSER Tag Manager. The AVANSER Tag Manager allows you to set rules for your website that dynamically adds span tags to the ...
Dynamic Number Insertion
Access to this tool has been limited to authorized users only. If you required certain users to have access to this module, please contact your Account Manager. The dynamic numbers configuration section allows user to add new tracking codes to their ...
Dynamic Number Insertion - Troubleshooting (Basic)
This article is part one of a two-part guide in troubleshooting AVANSER's Dynamic Number Insertion code on your website. This guide will help ensure that the code is installed correctly, and is working as expected. This article covers the basics of ...
Dynamic Number Insertion - Troubleshooting (Advanced)
This article is part two of a two-part guide in troubleshooting AVANSER's Dynamic Number Insertion code on your website. This guide will help ensure that the code is installed correctly, and is working as expected. If you have not already attempted ...